Select the letter that can replace the question mark (?) in the following series. F, I, K, N, P, S, U, ?
Select the letter that can replace the question mark (?) in the following series. F, I, K, N, P, S, U, ?
AQ
BP
CS
DX
All DiscussionsClick here to write answer
Correct Answer: [d: X]
Explanation:
The given series is F, I, K, N, P, S, U, ?. To find the pattern, we look at the alphabetical positions of each letter:
\( \begin{aligned} F &= 6, \\ I &= 9, \\ K &= 11, \\ N &= 14, \\ P &= 16, \\ S &= 19, \\ U &= 21. \end{aligned} \)
The differences between consecutive numbers are:
\(\begin{aligned} 9 - 6 &= 3, \\ 11 - 9 &= 2, \\ 14 - 11 &= 3, \\ 16 - 14 &= 2, \\ 19 - 16 &= 3, \\ 21 - 19 &= 2. \end{aligned}\)
The pattern alternates between adding 3 and 2. Following this pattern, the next difference should be +3. Adding 3 to 21 gives 24, which corresponds to the letter X.
Final Answer: \(\boxed{X}\)
Post your answers here:
Post
